20050421

LIFE - Classic

Lou and I went to The Classic comedy club last night, since her daughter is in Wellington for school holidays, and Megz is down there for work. Lou and I received our usual table (Front centre), and were joined by Karl Burnett and friend.

Brendan Lovegrove was the MC for the evening. I've seen him three times in the past 5 months or so, and since he got back from the UK, he's been using the same material. I politely pointed this out to him while he was on stage (It's not heckling, it's audience participation :-), and he proceeded to spend the rest of the evening trying to pick on me, with varying degrees of success.

His aim to humiliate me by first dressing me in a felt hat and flower boa (Below) failed. I was then given a yellow baseball hat, fluffy bunny rabbit and tennis racket handle. And then finally I was covered in an old stage curtain, all of which I took in my stride. His final comment was "I don't really know how to deal with you". LOL.

A couple of impromptu appearances were made by Danny Bhoy and Rove since they're in the country for the Oddfellows NZ International Comedy Festival, which was pretty cool. I cracked Rove up during his intro by whispering “whaka”. LOL. Those that watch either Rove, or Campbell Live will understand. One of the best Fresh Comedy Wednesdays we've been to for a while.

20050420a Peter at The Classic

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dammit I wish I'd been there.

Anonymous said...

Instead I was sitting in my hotel room all alone eating takeaways and watching Rove on tv ... and all the while you're heckling him in person. Dammit :-(