20050801

PAINTBALL - Indoorz

Played at the new indoor field in Auckland for this month's round of the Super-5's. Was pretty cool. Rained outside, and we were dry and toasty.

Played with Sy, Seth, Vin and Gary. Never played with the last three guys before, but they were pretty cool and I'd be happy to play with them again any time. Came third below XXX and Menance. We choked in a couple of games we shouldn't have.

The field Proto paint was nice. The Ego and the Reloader liked it. Thanks a sqillion to Marty D for the loan on the air system while my tank was getting lab'd.

The facility itself is cool. JT field. Astroturf, staging area, and even squirty bottles and toilet paper to wipe your gogs (After the game nach...;-)

$35 field fee and $85 for a case of paint. What I'd expect to pay. Apparently there is a parking issue, but I got their early so I didn't notice. The field is good for 5-man. It's a little narrow which may limit field design and will make it a bitch for trying 7-man, but you know they're gonna try anyway. But I'll happily count myself as a future regular. Shame it's an hour to drive to get there...

No comments: