20050906

LIFE - WOW!

Margaret and I went to Auckland Radiology today for the baby's 20 week scan. It was the first scan (Though there may have been one due before that). I was blown away! There was my son or daughter, wiggling around. What a sight to see. He/she has all the important bits in the right places. It was very emotional for me. I'm probably going to be a blubbering mess at the birth. Margaret is at 21 weeks now, so we're past the halfway point. A bit disappointed though as I thought they'd say "Would you like any of these printed?". Someone else asked if we got a copy of it all as a movie on CD. All they said to us was "We'll send the information through to your midwife". :-(

6 comments:

marty said...

So I take it you didn't get baby sexed at the scan?

RePete said...

We didn't. Want a surprise on the day...:-)

marty said...

You needed to take a blank video tape with you ... they can tape it as it is recorded (at least that is what we did)

Anonymous said...

Yeah I got told about that ... but we don't have a VCR so can't watch it :(

RePete said...

A what?

LOL. My "word verification" for adding this comment was "saybclut". Okay..."bclut".

marty said...

it could have been fixed ... video capture is a wonderful thing. :)

That said, once we showed the video to the family and stuff, I don't know if we've watched it again since...