20060820

LIFE - Bucklame

Well so much for getting back to blogging more often. It just seems to be the way of things nowadays. Busy, busy, busy I'm considering taking a day or two off work so I can clean my office and workshop at home.

Kate and Sophie from Wellington were in Auckland for a holiday this week, so they came over for tea laet night. Awesome to catch up with them, and just making it all the more obvious that we need to hurry up and get down to Wellington. I'm working on it.

One of the funniest things came up last night though. While the ladies were talking about text messaging, the word "Bucklame" came up when talking about predictive texting when trying to text Auckland (Though if you're texting and you don't txt AK or AKL is beyond me). Kate and Sophie both said they had seen it. So I google "bucklame". And most of the hits (The first being Urban Dictionary) talk about predictive texting for "Auckland". It was the funniest thing, though now that I write this, I think you had to be there at the time.

Things are going well. Just very busy. Got some family phone calls to make today and we're gonna try to head out to a viking exhibit at the museum (Which is funny as Megz was doing the same kind of thing 10 years ago to the day'ish in Norway).

Got - to - get - to - Wellington...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete, Sophie asked me to tell you - the book you lent her is most excellent, and she has devoured it. A friend is borrowing it, and she will return it to you as soon as you make it to Welly. Thank you for having us to tea, we had an excellent time.

PS Your baby are cutest :o)

Love to Megz

Love
Kate