20060905

LIFE - What am I up to?

I just wanted to take a second to record what I'm up to at the moment.

I have just finished reading:

The Communist Manifesto

...Before that I read:

The Great War for Civilisation: The Conquest of the Middle East

....Currently reading:

Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed

...Waiting to be read:

Crossing the Rubicon: The Decline of the American Empire at the End of the Age of Oil

The Long Emergency: Surviving the Converging Catastrophes of the Twenty-First Century

Long Walk to Freedom: The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela

Bill Clinton: My Life

Geeky/techie stuff I'm working on (Why is "geeky" with a "Y" and "techie" is with "IE"? English is a stoopid language.):

* The Linux experiment continues, though I'm using Ubuntu 6.0.6.1 now.
* Getting wireless network with WPA to work under said Linux distro (Grrr!!!)
* Getting hardware 3D acceleration working with said Linux distro (Grrr!)
* Getting Active Directory authentication working with said Linux distro (Yeah right)
* Running Windows XP under VMWare in Ubuntu
* Getting reading to play with Mac OS 10.4 under VMWare in Ubuntu
* Testing MS ISA 2004 on my upgraded server
* Testing MS WSUS 3 Beta 2 on same server (Broken since ISA 2004 install)
* Trying to spend a little more time paying attention to stuff on the Interwebs. I've been away too long.

This is all of course of top of being a dad. Books are allocated time on the bus to and from work (I have no idea how that will work with my plans to cycle to work in future. I guess it won't). And the geeky/techie stuff fits in somwhere between the hours of 1800 and 0300...

1 comment:

deleted said...

Great, and after reading all that crap where the individual is worthless and there is no such thing as freedom without the collective... maybe you could try reading some individualist philosopy.

I'd suggest Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged, you can borrow my copy pete. And if you want I can help you rip your copy of the communist manifesto to shreds :-)