I just wanted to take a second to record what I'm up to at the moment.
I have just finished reading:
The Communist Manifesto
...Before that I read:
The Great War for Civilisation: The Conquest of the Middle East
Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed
...Waiting to be read:
Crossing the Rubicon: The Decline of the American Empire at the End of the Age of Oil
The Long Emergency: Surviving the Converging Catastrophes of the Twenty-First Century
Long Walk to Freedom: The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela
Bill Clinton: My Life
Geeky/techie stuff I'm working on (Why is "geeky" with a "Y" and "techie" is with "IE"? English is a stoopid language.):
* The Linux experiment continues, though I'm using Ubuntu 18.104.22.168 now.
* Getting wireless network with WPA to work under said Linux distro (Grrr!!!)
* Getting hardware 3D acceleration working with said Linux distro (Grrr!)
* Getting Active Directory authentication working with said Linux distro (Yeah right)
* Running Windows XP under VMWare in Ubuntu
* Getting reading to play with Mac OS 10.4 under VMWare in Ubuntu
* Testing MS ISA 2004 on my upgraded server
* Testing MS WSUS 3 Beta 2 on same server (Broken since ISA 2004 install)
* Trying to spend a little more time paying attention to stuff on the Interwebs. I've been away too long.
This is all of course of top of being a dad. Books are allocated time on the bus to and from work (I have no idea how that will work with my plans to cycle to work in future. I guess it won't). And the geeky/techie stuff fits in somwhere between the hours of 1800 and 0300...