20090324

MONEY/POLITICS - You're being robbed

Here's a question. Someone breaks in to your house, holds a gun to your head and says "Give me money". What do you do? Well, firstly, you give them the money. You note their features and other details and when the crooks are gone, you call the police. If you're lucky, they catch the crim, perhaps you get some of your stuff back and, in theory, justice is served.

So here is the headline on CNN:

Dow posts best one-day gain since November -- nearly 500 points -- after Treasury details bid to buy bad bank assets

...Well of course it did. You're going to take on board all the debt, and they get to keep all the profit. Here's the analogy. A family member is in debt. You borrow money from a friend (Who will be charging YOU interest) and lend it to the member of your family. Will this person be able to pay you back? Hope so, as your mate who lent you the money will be coming around with the tumb screws if you can't pay him back. So in the mean time, the family member who you've lent the money to is going to the odd movie and out to dinner, and they're like "Well if I don't do these things, life will kinda suck, and I don't want my life to suck do I?".

You're being screwed. You're being robbed. In ten years time, when you've got no job, no savings, no healthcare, you're bankrupt because you can't pay your mortgage...What do you expect me to say? I'll ask you "What were you doing while you were getting mugged?" and your answers will be either "I was busy working", or "Nothing" or "I expected someone else to deal with it".

No comments: