20050713

LIFE - A glutton for punishment

Right. Megz is out of town again. It's school holidays again, so Caliope is out of town again...So what are Lou and I to do? Off to The Classic again. Now some of you will remember our previous escapade. A small recap. Brendan Lovegrove was MC, and I took a tongue-in-cheek passing shot at his "lack of new material". So who is MC this evening? Why it's Brendan again! So what do I do? I point his "new material drought" again...;-)

Now Brendan got a bit of experience from last time. So rather than trying to specifically get at me, he just decided to have fun this time. First it was the hard hat. Then it was the eye patch. Then a flower lei and a sign which said "Fuckwit". I turned it over and wrote "STALKER" on it. Then came a metal bar, a fishing net, and an umbrella. Unfortunately in the dark, the photo didn't come out well.

The show itself was good. Some of the regulars. Some new stuff, some quite good and some average. We had a great night out, as we always do when we go to The Classic. Laughter is one of the most awesome things in the world.

Now one wouldn't expect Brendan to finish on a low note. So the coupe de grace was to bring me on stage at which point all the items above were removed. It was "Close your eyes and wait". A green shimmering blanket was placed over me, and then "THUNK", something was placed over my head, and the audience burst out laughing. They were enjoying it, so I tried to ham it up a little. The next thing I know, Brendan is behind me, whispers "Go with it", bends me over proceeds to start "rogering" me, and saying "How do you like this now? Is this what you wanted?!?!?!". The audience goes hysterical.

Afterwards we spoke and he thanked me for going along with it and said it was in the top list of funniest things he'd pulled off. Everyone was laughing, so it was cool. The Classic rocks.

20050713a Peter gets picked on at The Classic20050713b Peter gets picked on at The Classic20050713c Peter gets picked on at The Classic

No comments: