20051115

Bryan Gordon Swann

Margaret and I received a call in the evening on Wednesday the 9th of November that her father passed away. It was unexpected, and came as a shock.

We've been in Wellington since Thursday. The funeral service was today. Things have gone beautifully today. People spoke at the funeral, and the things they had to say were just great. Friends and family came from far and wide. A BIG thank you to those who came today, and for all the offers of support and kindness.

Margaret made a wonderful speach, going over Swannie's life in detail. I'm so proud of her. She's a strong woman, and I'm a very lucky man that she is my wife, and soon to be the mother of our little one.

It's been a tough week. I feel useless. I wish I could do more to help, or that I could make things better. Many people say that Swannie's gone to a better place, but we still miss him and we still want him back. I keep hoping I'll wake up. But it hadn't happened yet.

No comments: