20051211

LIFE - Just a quick follow-up

It cracks me up some times really. The largest critisism I often have for Linux is it is simply too hard to use for most people who have never used it before (Another big critisism is for those that say "With Linux I have such a choice of different utils to use". Too much choice. Keep it simple). I'm reading a man page on MOUNT.CIFS:

"The mount.cifs utility attaches the UNC name (exported network resource) to the local directory mount-point. It is possible to set the mode for mount.cifs to setuid root to allow non-root users to mount shares to directories for which they have write permission".

Now I understand this...But I have enough trouble helping people plug in a USB webcam over the phone withouth dealing with crap like this. Give me a break.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linux Rocks - M$ Sux

RePete said...

See. That last one sums it up nicely. The intelligence of a hairball...