20090522

LIFE - A quicky

Things are kinda busy for a number of reasons. One of them is I am trying to cut down on the want-to-do's and make sure I'm not sacrificing the need-to-do's (One example being sleep). At the end of the day there just isn't enough time to squeeze everything in. Sleep. Wake. Work. Eat. Time with the wife. Time with the kids. Time with the dog. Work on the property. Time for me? Hah! It does come in dribs and drabs. I can't complain as, for example, I saw the new Star Trek movie twice during opening week. But it always seems like I'm trying to cram an hours relaxation in to half an hour, and thus it is not relaxing. I caught up with my bosses' boss (And with any luck, my soon to be boss) for a beer after work to talk dad to dad with someone who's about five years further down the track than me. And when I said, "About the only time I'm guaranteed to get to myself is after 10 p.m.", and he said "Me too". The problem there is, you don't get enough sleep, you're late for work, and then everything is a downhill slide.

So this week I've started going to the gym at work during lunch (Lunch being an hour which was me time, i.e. I could fill it with what I wanted instead of what I need, i.e. going to the gym). And I'm now tracking my food intake and exercise online. Never really thought about it, but it's kinda fascinating when you examine what you're eating, how much, and what it's all made of (Protein, carbs, fats - good and bad, etc, i.e. the type of things the telly has dribbled on about but I generally roll my eyes at, predominantly because it's targeted at neurotic females who worry about their weight so they can keep up with the Janes. The science side of it is interesting though). Bottom line is, it appears my diet it ok (Though in tracking what I eat I'm more conscious of the crap), and if I up the exercise, that should counter the slight belly developing since I'm not getting any younger.

No comments: